The information revolution has led us to ever increasing access to data, use of mobile devices, number of screens around us, younger generations who are technology savvy, and companies and services that are digitally connected.
That is why organizations are now faced with new challenges. In the past, attractive prices or innovative products were good enough strategies, but nowadays our dynamic global world requires so much more.
Customers have much less patience and are much more adept at surfing the web and finding what they want. That is why first impressions are so important.
is it enough to simply be out there, on the internet?
It’s important to realize that nowadays, a company website is just your starting point. Having a website is a basic but insufficient requirement. Your website needs to suit different types of screens and devices, such as smartphones and laptops.
Adapting sites to mobile devices often also requires altering the content and messages conveyed – including the design, the interface and the functionality.
What else is needed?
The following suggestion is just the tip of the iceberg: an app (AKA application) can be a very effective and useful tool for your customers, such as:
- Apps that enable customers to track their orders, accounts and other activities within the company
- Marketing apps that create a buzz for a new service or product – sometimes in the form of a viral game
- An app that can be used as a work tool – a calculator, for example
- Marketing campaigns
- Campaigns on digital platforms, such as social networks, direct mailing and mini-sites
- Hidden or obvious campaigns that encourage customers to take an active part in the brand, or adventurous campaigns that lure the customer into the brand world
- On-line sales and special offers
These are great ways to reach customers and built a strong relationship with them.
Rest assure, worrying about on-line stores no longer exists:
- In 2013, a survey conducted for VISA Europe showed that 85% of their credit card holders purchase products and services on-line.
- Research shows that about 58% of 14+ year olds seek advance information for purchasing products via the internet
- These figures are constantly increasing thanks to the huge benefits of purchasing on-line: speed, availability, immediacy, convenience and attractive prices
- New technologies enable companies to bring their products to the user, wherever they are, with no need to access a designated website for on-line purchasing
Internal organizational tools
- Internal portals, inventory systems, customer management, performance measurement, collecting and managing data from the entire organizational system, etc.
- Using innovative tools and technologies shortens processes and enables fast and simple control of and access to data.
- The work environment becomes a dynamic, constantly changing one.
- Fast and focused activity is vital in the world of business and is crucial for survival.
- An increasing marketing trend thanks to available technological tools.
- Enables the organization to present and convey a specific message to its customers, based on their personality, habits and needs.
These are just a few examples, and as with every trend, those who lead and dare are those who benefit the most.
On the other hand, hose who hesitate to transform their organization into a digital one – are those who do not survive. Take for example Kodak, Nokia and Blockbusters – Giants from the past who are now struggling to survive and reinvent themselves.
So what do you think? Is you company digitally prepared?